A Box full of Hk Swoppets

Darryn, who was at the recent ACOTS convention, presented me with a large box of HK swoppets. I still have the ones I had as a child - the cheap version to fill out the ranks. They were copies of Cresent, Timpo and Britains/ Here you see them being sorted. They were completely in pieces but I have so far assembled over fifty. I also founs some interesting European bits and pieces, including Elastolin.

                                               Assembled figures have been bagged.
     Swoppets have been placed in piles of like items with a pile of mounted Indians with bows on some of the nicer horses. A lot of assorted dust and flotsam and jestsam is evident.
           Spare heads are always useful so not all of these will find their way back to their bodies.

   This is a weird baby faced Elastolin cowboy who would not look out of place in a certain type of parade. If anyone knows anything about it please tell me.



Below are figures sorted. So far 130 have been assembled.

      Below are the mounted archers I may do something with, I have put them on the better horses.





         Below are mostly HK copies of  Timpo ACW and a couple of copies of British guardsmen.
                   Collection of English and European bits and pieces including Elastolin, Cresent and Plasty.
                                                Small scale figures
                                               More pics of collectable bits and pieces

                                                                 Left over parts


 


 

Comments

  1. Hi James, will you keep them as cowboys and indians or do you have something more interesting in mind for them? I have a similar bag of stuff and I'm tempted to turn the indians with bows into Barbarians of some sort but I can't figure out what to do with the cowboys (I don't really do wild west)
    Best wishes, Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wondering the same thing. I think the bulk of them I might eventually sell. I did finds some nice heads that are Elastolin or some other brand and as I don't have the complete figures these will go into the spares head box and will turn up in all sorts of periods. Some of the better HK Indian heads have nice high cheek bones that do well for various Eastern looking blokes. As for the whole figures, many of them are made of a rubbery plastic I am not keen on so won't use. However, I have put aside Indians shooting bows on some of the nicer horses. I am deciding if I'll use them as red Indians or Mongol-Hum types. In either case I'll be adding putty saddles and hair on the heads.

    I was thinking of using some cowboys as Brazilian gauchos in the War of the Triple Alliance as they had those little jackets and leggings. I'd use a mixture of Airfix or copies of Airfix cowboys and some of the better swoppet parts with lances and ponchos added. The cowboy short vest or jacket can also be used for various oriental or mameluke types.

    Also I collected a little pile of prisoner cowboys, with hands tied behind their backs. I want to make them in to assorted POWS, particularly medieval ones as I have capture as a possible outcome when troops are defeated in melee. A lot of putty would then be employed and would work best for captured peasants or light infantry.

    Are your barbarians intended as historical or fantasy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they will be historical, the whole fantasy/warhammer thing bypassed me and I even find imaginations a bit too much of a stretch to get my head around! My figures are all foot so I was thinking something along the line of Gauls to fight the Romans I already have, or Medieval Irish/Celts, or giving them a paint job and leaving them as is for French Indian Wars.

      The cowboys are still a problem though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts