Dragon Skeleton Scenery

Some years ago I picked up from a garage sale a horned plastic skull and bones. This week I finally made use of them, super glued them onto a CD along with some rock shards I picked up at a favourite camping place. I then added PVA and sand.

Originally I was going to spray paint the whole thing matt black before painting rocks a slate grey. But looking at the rock shards I reflected on their inherent beauty and thought 'Why try to improve on nature when it already looks fantastic'? The ground not covered with rock were painted a sand colour.The only reservation is that the colour scheme would fit better in a desert terrain than my usual green grassy and dark slate medieval fantasy scenery.

The skeleton was given yellow, brown and near black washes followed by off white highlighting while the washes were still wet.


                   Below it is photographed with a slightly converted 50mm True Legends figure.



                               Below:  Here it is shown with 28mm Games Workshop figures.


I

Comments

Popular Posts