18th Century Grenadiers

I have been going through my American Revolution shelf, dusting off old figures and placing them in a new cabinet so I thought I'd add some photos of them to the blog.


                             Left, first our figures are Call to arms and the others are Marx.


                                An imposter - not a Brit! I read somewhere that this Marx figure is actually a redcoat wearing Revolutionary American - the difference being the peak. I have painted him the same as the other Marx figures rather than trying to make a unit of American Revolutionary redcoats as I had only this one with peaked cap.
                                                   Marx officer
                                       These are my favourite grenadiers - Charbens. (The right hand figure is metal and I don't know the brand).

Unlike the other figures most of these I painted recently. They are BMC and commanded by Colonel Bighead.
                                                   A swoppet figure, not Britains.
                                         A plastic drummer boy. I forget the maker.
                           Rubinstein cereal packet. Getting the silver plastic figures in the cereal in the 60s was one of the most exciting part of the week. When I visited Aunty Elva and Uncle Ken I got a stack more of these and other cereal toys and cards they had saved up for me.
                                      More Charbens I painted a long, long time ago. I forget the uniform reference but they might have been painted as Swiss.

Comments

Popular Posts