Arabs No Longer Armless

These are some of the Britains Detail Arabs I bought from Bob All were broken or missing parts I don't intend to 'restore them' but to 'enhance' or convert them.

The new fire arms and shields are from DSG. I got oodles of these in a bulk order a while ago. The particular arms with muskets are not the Arab ones but I can use a knife and putty to make the new arm match the shorter sleeved original.
I don't recall if the original arm was a musket but it would have been out of character with the bandoleers so I'll trim down the firing mechanism to make it look more modern.

The figures to be given shields did not have shields originally but a sword in the left hand. i'm going to glue a shield there instead and give them swords in the right hands. Most of these figures I'm also going to trim off the headscarf and replace with hair as I want most of them to serve in my Lionian army as pseudo Abyssinians. (Not a big issue really as my Lionian army already include Arabs as well as Zulus, ancient Egyptians and assorted African tribesmen. Nethertheless I am gradually moving to a greater proportion that look like Abyssinians. It is a growing 'abyss' for more toy soldiers).


Comments

Popular Posts