Assorted June Acquisitions From Melbourne

I did the rounds of Melbourne collectables bazaar and trash and treasures and came up with a varied assortment of stuff.

First up are some very nicely sculpted and painted made in China Samurai. I'm not about to collect or convert a whole samurai army so I haven't decide if I'll keep them or swap them. If I keep them I'll probably re-base them.

Below them are some reasonable copies of Airfix Germans, useful for my Ruritanian conversions. Also there are some Britains Detail Mexicans, some lord of the Rings heroes and some Timpo Action pack Confederates.

Almost forgot, at the very rear is an old hollow cast wagon and a cannon. The wagon was supposed to have a log but I might make it into a bridge building wagon. Does anyone know what it was? The cannon is nice and has 'Made in England' on it but no brand.

I always pick up dragon cannons; this one I think came with Pirates of the Caribbean. One day I'll do a Boxer rebellion type game. There are two Lone star Union, a Lone Marx cavalryman missing a sword and assorted WW2 'junk figures' . The Italeri Mongols and Saracens are the most useful figures I picked up and with some repainting they will add to my existing Golden Horde (or Silver Horde, as I call it) and my Fezians.


                               I mainly picked up these figures to get the plastic cannons. Only after I opened the bag did I realize one had a split barrel - must have overheated in a wargame.


Comments

Popular Posts