Cresent US Cavalry Horse Holders Etc

I just finished painting my assortment of damaged Cresent and Cherilea US Cavalry. Some
 have tired to replicate the original basic look and others I have painted with more detail.


  These are the two Cresent Cavalrymen who had had their bugle and flag cut away. Rather than try to rebuild these i have made them horse holders.


Cavalry form a firing line in the rocks whole the horse holders mind the horses.
                                        The prone figures are painted in the original style.

                                                       Cherilea figure in detailed finish.
                                               The Cherilea flag bearer in basic paint style.

                                   Cherilea Confederates, the officer repainted in original style.
                                               The private has a detailed fnish.

I  get a lot of satisfaction from repairing broken figures to give them a new ' life'. One thing I have to decide is to paint them as original or to 'enhance'. As you can see I couldn't make up my mind and did both.

With the original US cavalry paint jobs they all had yellow trouser stripes, which I have replicated with the original finishes. This is not historically accurate as only NCOs and officers had such stripes, at least in the regular army.

Comments

  1. Nice work, good to see old figures get a new lease of life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian. Figures like this are fairly plentiful at low price, especially when damaged. i don't mind getting damaged ones, so long as the whole figure is not too brittle. Then I can only improve the figure. I had the Cresent figures as a child but not the Cherilea ones. Cherilea vary a lot from great to very dorky looking. I found myself liking these cavalry especially the prone figure and the one firing with foot on a stone or tussock. I remember as a child liking the Britains Swoppet prone figure although, really it would not be common for infantry with muskets to fire from a prone position. It would be a different matter with breach loaders though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts