Baby Dragon Swarm And Skull Terrain In Progress

Yonks ago I read an old White Dwarf magazine with an article on Chaos type terrain. Some of the items that caught my eye were some weird looking skulls that had horny protrusions. They had been made from some plastic skulls. There are plenty of those around presently but I had these heavier ones. They look good as but I wanted to make them look like the ones in the article. I added putty protrusions. You can see the skulls here withsome 54mm skeleton warriors.

                                                Here I have just undercoated them. I'll be doing more work on them. They had a cool green shade in the article. I think they were meant as actual skulls from some huge humanoid creature. I might make them, instead, represent corroded metal skulls. The skulls were also held up or pushed up by thorny spikes coming out of the earth, something i might also add eventually.
    A year or so ago some sets of 'How to train your dragon' came out. My friend Steve gave me the idea of 'baby dragon swarms' and here is the painted and based result. In Warhammer Vampire Count armies there are 'bat swarms' and this is my alternative which might well see battle next week.



Comments

Popular Posts