Russo-Turkish War Conversions

One thing interesting about the Russo Turkish War of the 1870s is that the Russians were going through a French influence on their uniforms so much of their army was in kepis. This means that ACW figures are  a source of conversions.

The beaten up old ACW officer was a good candidate. I gave him a new putty hand and a new metal arm from the spares box.Havelocks were worn extensively in the Summer so I added a putty one. i also gave him a sord scabbard.

The uniform would most likely be white Summer but I might mix and match with green coat and white trousers. The other option is to paint him as an ACW officer of either side as havelocks were worn there too, especially in the early part of the ACW.



The other conversions are part of a long term project to make gun limbers and crews for my non ACW armies as, at present, I just use the ACW ones for various armies. I have quite a few spare Britains detail ACW cavalry so these provided the material. Again I added havelocks. I also cut down carbines to look like whips. Two of the figures already had the whips. The uniforms are a mixture of Winter and Summer attire. The uniform trim is speculative as I did not have a reference at the time.

Ultimately these figures will be part of my Crussian army.






Comments

Popular Posts