Barbarians From American Indians

If you have read many of my posts you would know that I make a lot of use pf American Indian figures, especially the made in China cheapo kinds but also old battered made in England types. The latter can be found for a bargain especially when they have damage.

I have made from them Huns/Mongols, Aztecs, Vikings. ancient Egyptians, and, most recently, Barsoomians.

I have found some nice made in China 60 mm stuff, often in sets with stage coaches. I could be picky and say the 'abs' are unnaturally defined but these blokes must work out. The two figures I feature here were shown in an earlier post. One is clearly now a dark ages warrior, possibly Viking. He has an added card disc for a shield and Timpo spear. The other one I left with existing weapons and cut the pattern off the front of the shield. I gave him one of those sinister lord of the Rings type evil eyes as I thought he might join my evil Chaos forces (which themselves have several influences). On the other hand he could be a dark Ages warrior with an unusual shield emblem. Beards are optional and vary with time and nation but I decided to add them from putty. The sword scabbards were cut down cocktail sticks that were flattened on each side and Super Glued on.

Such conversions are very simple and mostly involve cutting off feathers and loin cloths and adding new weapons. In some cases, like the warrior at right, I didn't even need to replace the weapons.



Comments

  1. Very nice. Snazzy trousers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their own plastic mothers wouldn't recognise them! Excellent job, James.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts