Britains Evzone

This battered evzone guard figure had seen better days. Anyway i filled the gaping hole with paper tape and then sculpted putty over the top. The rifle is form my castings spares box.

The Britains figure is a Greek guard. These were based on the light infantry. Britains did the first version with red jacket and the second version with black jacket. Apparently the later paint scheme was the correct one for the guard, at least at that time). I note that Athena does plastic evzones in both blue and red jackets). in the Balkan war just before WW1 evzones wore khaki (longer) jackets and the white tights ( but not the 'tutus' - someone will tell me he correct term).

The original rifle on this figure did not have bayonet so I might remove it as this exercise is going to be restoring the figure to its original look.

This will be added to my other paint job list. (For instance still finishing off my Confederate lancers).
Anyway, I blame man of Tin for the current impulse to repair old hollowcasts.




                                    The arm has had putty added to make the sleeve match the puffy left hand one.

                                     Here he is undercoated with anti-corrosive silver spray.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts