Fusilier Conversions And Restorations Completed

Here are my two seated fusilier conversions. One of them I have given a scarf - well a mis-hape in the casting painted as  such.. The wagon is a cheap cowboy one with icy pole stick seat and Britains plastic draft horses. The wagon has gathered a fair bit of dust sitting on a shelf but then it could be trail dust! I saw an old photo of guardsmen in bearskin hats riding a wagon but as I had some spare fusilier heads I went for this option.

I have not added to much detail to the wagons as these are for wargames and are just basic.




                         Here is the repaired Hilco fusilier with his new wire, putty and tape rifle, lower legs and feet. I have taken the detail a few more steps than the original and have added the putty ammunition pouches and haversack. his moustache is wonky so I'll neaten it up. then again, to be in the spirit of these original hollow-cast paint jobs I should make such details sloppy!

The difference between guard and fusilier bearskins is that the latter are slightly smaller and have the brass decoration on the front.


Here are some more pics with the moustache trimmed and face and cuff detail tidied up. I also made the plume blue over green for the Dublin Fusiliers. These were disbanded after Irish independence and many of them contributed to the new Irish army which had to deal with the anti-treaty IRA.



                    The pine forest is made from sections of toilet brush style Xmas trees. The matchstick is left from some battle when it was fired from a cannon!

Comments

Popular Posts