28mm Copies of Airfix WW2 For SF/Imagi-nations

Before anyone notices, no these arern't up to my usual painting standard because all I have done is spray paint them black with Games Workshop Chaos Black and added the skin color, lips and a GW flesh wash. They had been sitting around in a bag for a few years after I sprayed hem black and I think I might have dry brushed them with a grey-black, Anyway, yesterday i added the flesh paint whilst watching some extraordinarily boring old black and white movies. I'm not sure if I'll do any more work on the figures as I mainly wargame in 54mm.

These are green plastic copies of Airfix WW2 Americans, British paratroopers and Africa Corps. What, I did find fascinating is that, firstly they are in a scale around 28mm instead of 20mm and, most interestingly, the Africa Corps have American helmets, except the office with binoculars who has a more Teutonic helmet. The qulaity varies with some rough looking facial detail on some figues.

I once had an idea of using them in Warhammer 40K as Imperial Guard, There are actually some which I made more SF looking by adding shoulder pads but the weapons would really need to look chunkier too.

On the other hand they would also be good, as is, for imaginations or maybe South American types.








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts