Monster Mounts For Fantasy Figures

I make great use of cheap plastic monster and dinosaur figures for my 1/32 fantasy games but the same thing can be done for 28 mm and smaller as the size of made in China cheapo figures varies enormously. In any case, how big is a monster? Also dinosaur size varied greatly with species and age. In any case, my dinosaurs are fantasy creatures.

In this case I have used a flying reptile. The figure had movable jaw and jointed limbs so I Superglued them and filled gaps with putty. I gave the poor devil has reigns through his nostrils! I might add some coming from a mouth bit. The reigns are made from a gold plastic thread (also ideal for flag hangings). The figure was undercoated with a black spray and dry bushed dark grey although some original plastic colour showed through but actually looked good that way.

The rider was just pulled from her horse and sat quite well in place although I had to shorten the beast's crest as it was in the way of the rider. I am going to reposition the warrior's arm and shield and possibly give her a spear. I am tempted to replace her head as I like my ladies to be pretty and this one was hit with the ugly stick. Also I'd like her to have a winged helmet reminiscent of a Valkherie. As I intend to eventually make a few of these maybe I'll just have some variation in faces and head gear and leave this one as is.



             This griffin was intended for a larger action figure but it looks good for 1/32. I might finally put a knight on its back.







Comments

Popular Posts