More From The Workbench



I'm still working on ECW figures for my next campaign. First up is a unit of halberd men. As far as I know there were not separate units of these in the ECW but I want a unit of them as they are going to be used in fantasy scenarios anyway.. They will be combined with my assorted Beefeaters! For that reason I have painted the ECW halberd men in a similar uniform scheme.

         I'm halfway through a fifth unit of pike. Then I'' be out of pikemen to paint but plenty of musket men so the one after this will be converted from matchlock men,

Here are the two pikemen with replacement arms from putty. The hands are added in the later pics but will need some trimming.


                                                   The hands, especially, will need trimming.
  An old unit of pike has been added to and new pikes from florist wire added to most of them,

     I had this fellow sitting incomplete for at a year or two and decided to do some more work on him. The design is made from a temporary tattoo stuck on the flag which replaces one of the axes.. I would have liked a bigger flag so I could have centred it better. The undead face of the pharaoh looks a little like one of the 'Mars Attacks' Martians.

The skeleton was left in its plastic colour and given a brown wash. I also painted the eye sockets black. I still have to do some highlighting of an off white and some more work on the armour. I added some putty skulls to the base.
  The reverse female side of the flag is kind of sexy and looks like a movie star, at least on her good side.

Comments

Popular Posts