Blusian Cavalry On Manoeuvres

I have just about finished the First Cuirassiers for Army Horizon Blue (Blusia). Obviously they are based on late 19th century to early 20th century French heavy cavalry.

As shown in a previous post they are home castings of the Cherilea British Horse Guard. I cut down the helmet plume and added some putty to try to replicate the French helmet. If I had some suitable spare heads I would have replaced them as the casting is a bit rough with doubling on the head.

The officer is the original plastic figure with new horse tail from wire and putty and Timpo pistol replacing the sword.

For comparison I show the unit of British/Redian Horse Guard which in the last game served as Blusians. Half this unit are plastic originals with new swords and paint jobs. Also shown are the AIP lancers that make my Fourth Blusian Lancers. (I don't actually have First Second and Third), They were in the last steam punk game and have also served in some Major Dundee games as French lancers hunting down trespassing US Cavalry.

   I just now finished painting these. The bases are going to need a second coat of paint but I am also going to stick the figures on larger bases of one and two figures. The flag is a Funny Little flag from the Virtual Armchair General.

                                                         The officer is on the far right.
                                                        Putty blanket rolls were added,

        The front unit is the largely unaltered Horse Guard without the Army Red flag so it can serve in a different army.


                                                   The AIP lancers are in the foreground.

The funny thing is that the latest unit of heavy cavalry is literally 'heavy' cavalry; the castings include an unfortunately thick bases which adds to this. There are only a couple of plastics to lighten the load.

I haven't decided if I'll flock the bases of the new figures. A little touch up painting still is to be done before I varnish the figures.

In a couple of weeks these troops will serve in a steam punk game on my front lawn.

Comments

Popular Posts