Fantasy Tube Set

This was the set I most awaited but it did disappoint on some levels.

As per my last posts I have ranked the figures left to right according to the most useful to me and nicest from far left to least favourite far right.

     My first three choices were based on how they were different to other fantasy figures I had previously obtained. First up is a petite female elf with bow. I haven't decided if I'll use her fro Dark Elves or forest elves. I already have male elf archers from True Legends and larger ones from Russia but not female ones. The second figure disappointed me as it is too small to be a dwarf at 1/32 scale. it could be used with 28mm scale Warhammer and other figures. Then I thought I always wanted some halflings. I may replace some of the heads and weapons to make them look more like hobbits. Such figures would make good spies.

The fairy I again chose because it is different. I probably wouldn't want large numbers of them but. again it could be a spy, with the abiity to become invisible etc (probably on a D6 roll of 5 or 6).

The axe wielding orc is welcome as I always can do with more orcs. he is a little undersized bu orc size varies greatly. I could also, with addition of beaky nose. make him into a goblin. With weapon replaced he could also be a standard bearer.
     The two headed figure could also be a green skin and if I get sick of two heads I can perform surgery to reduce to one head. The skeleton warrior looks promising but the figure is very bendy so that some of the figure are almost prone. on the plus side the shield can easily be bent around and hot welded to chest wear it belongs, shielding the skeleton. To fix the bending a piece of wire can be inserted into or alongside a leg. The wizard is a nicely sculpted figure but I already have enough wizards.
                             The Minotaur is a bit puny but I'd use him as a regular beast man for a Chaos army.

The dragon is quite small for a normal dragon (unless it is a baby). I'd be tempted to cut off the wings and use it as a mount for a rider. The other thing is a pair of these would make great stone or brass statues or roof ornaments.

 
       The griffin, again is not imposing in size and also the bases are very warped.

        The snake woman has a badly moulded face. I'd be inclined to replace the head and add some snakes for hair. There is also a small gap where the tail has been added on, easily fixed with a little putty.
    I don't especially need more knights and any way this one looks a little insipid and weedy to me.

The unicoen would be a nice addition to my fantasy armies except it is undersized.
                                           The centaur is also puny, although well moulded.

Comments

Popular Posts