Dean Martin, Sammy and friends - New Aquisitions.

The recent ACOTS convention yielded more additions to my collection. Although I do acquire some figures to finish off series or because they are valuable I mostly collect because I like the look of a figure or I can conscript it (or it volunteers!) into one of my many armies. So rather than buying pristine hollow cast or plastics I often buy damaged or poor condition ones to re-paint.
Among the recent additions were Britains hollow cast, some old hard plastics and two strange MPC ring hand figures from Chris Goddard. He tells me that they were intended as firemen but he just painted them in civilian casuals. We agreed that they look remarkably like Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Junior! Sammy had wandered off somewhere during the photo session but I'll include his picture at a later date.

                                  Below: 'Dean Martin' with some unsavoury fellows in the background. I think I                                 need a bottle to put in Dean's hand and maybe a darker shade of hair.

Below: Some hard plastic, possibly Bakelite figures that could be Australian made. If anyone knows anything about them please let me know. Some of them look like police but I like the rider in shako the best.

                     Below: Some of Chris's painted figures including Atlantic and Conte.
 Below: Hollow cast picked up for between 3 and 5 dollars each.
Below: The single plastic figure has a can of petrol and my converter's mind id ticking over....
                    Below: mounted plastic officer will make his way into one of my armies.

                                                            Below: German made limbers.

Below: The zombies were not bought at the convention but in Melbourne, on the way home, at the Minotaur comic shop. They have an over moulding technique which enables superb detail/ I am thinking of puttying in the zombie details on the nurse and painting her as is she was alive.






Below: Rare 40mm Australian footballer with Hawthorn stamped on his back. I had some as a child but sold them for quite large sums a few years ago. I am going to put this one on E-bay under both toys and sport premiums.

                                 Below: Shapely female mechanic would make a good captive.





                          Below: 28m Lord of the Rings figures will be used as Dark Elves.

                                                                Below: Deano again.





 

Comments

  1. Mr. O'Connell, likes indeed that figure looks very very much likes our Dino....in fact a very very mod swingin' '70's image of the King of Cool. Know that your pixs and prosin' is bein' shared this very day with all the pallies gathered 'round ilovedinomartin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts