Elastowit Plastic Toy Soldiers and Movie Tie-ins

 It is not usual for me to make a post just about a toy soldier manufacturer. However, this range intrigued me, especially the retro SF ranges.

The following is just part of his figure range. Serhiy Marchenko's ambitions took a hammering from the invasion of his country but he is still churning figures out. He is a small businessman who is not operating, say, on the same scale as Armies in Plastic (another company I love). He can't produce figures in that price range but his figures are unique and special. Marchenko says he makes limited numbers of each range so I assume they will become very collectible. However, he is always adding new ranges.

The following are mainly his SF range. I'll do further article on his other figures another time. He also does many historical figures.

I also include some movie posters to get into the swing of things.

I rewatched Barbarella yesterday. It is my favorite Jane Fonda movie and possibly the one Jane Fonda regrets. The actress's obvious 'assets' are well on display in the film The plot twists and costumes are wonderfully quirky.


I was not familiar with a couple of the SF series, including this one, but the retro vibe is wonderful.


                                                     Earth Versus the Flying Saucers:


                                                 I love that the helmets are removable.

                            The Time machine was one of my favorite movies and HG Wells is one of my favorite writers. There was also a remake but the first 1960s movie is my much preferred favorite.

                                      The Phantom. I love this figure and also the color range.
                             The props are Serhiy's personal collection and set the figures well.

                                         Again, Marchenko's props for the seated Phantom
                           This is my favorite set of retro SF and I especially was keen on the Barbarella, Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers figures in the center.
                                                                      The Rocketeer

                                        This was a French TV show I was not familiar with.
                                                            Back to The Time Machine.
    Serhiy makes the Moorlock temple statue. Someone else made the temple and painted the Moorlocks. I can see myself using that head in various fantasy wargames.
                                             Get a load of the Moorlock chewing on a leg!
                                            That is a fantastic rendition of the time machine.


Serhiy has a Face Book page where he showcases his ranges as they come out. He responds quickly if you message him. Unfortunately, the war stopped him making a website. Serhiy has a partner in Britain who facilitates orders. I have ordered most of the above figures and also the Kelly bushranger gang.

Although I do display figures, I always have an eye on wargames. The Moorlocks would double as all kinds of bestial sub-humans, including ghouls for Undead armies. The Eloi could be used for ancient villagers. I can see that time machine appearing in my various wargame battle as a 'sightseer'! The space figures I'll combine with my existing ones.

Serhiy has plans to do a Wizard of Oz set and also Planet of the Apes and John Carter of Mars (Barsoom). I am really hanging out for those.

Comments

  1. Nice rewiew!
    I was a great fan of Flash Gordon and The Phantom and had tons of comics of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gold key Flash Gordon comics were among my favorites. I liked the concept of many different cultures of semi human beings.

    I also remember seeing Flesh Gordon at the Driven.

    I also read, somewhere on the Internet, about a wargame between forces of Mongo and Barsoom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts