A post for Bob

A few days ago my laptop fell off my daughter's knee necessitating procurement and installation of a new screen. meanwhile Bob Bolton indicated to me that he was missing my posts so here is one now I have my computer back!

These are the latest finished projects. The AIP Arabs had been undercoated a few YEARS ago so I thought I might finally paint them. I wasn't in the mood for anything elaborate so I went for a simple blue and white scheme.

The cowboys and Indians are the New Edition from China. They are 60mm and quite characterful although some of the Indians have strange anatomy and the cowboys all have virtually the same faces with quite large pointy noses.  Maybe the Chinese sculptor envisaged all Europeans as having such prominent snozels. I like the Winchesters and the one with a bent carbine I converted into a double barelled scatter gun. Anyway, due to their originally silver clothing items I have called them the Jackson brothers! Some of the Indians have strange anatomy and one had a musket with no but but I replaced this on the firing figure by adding putty. I like the one with the deer or goat head on a stick but to save him having to bash White Eyes to death with an animal head I gave him a tomahawk.

You can also see the finished peasant made from the 8th Army. Also shown are two more Barzo Aztecs.

This Australia Day weekend some of the ACOTS lads are getting together for a WW2 and English Civil War bash at Dave Palmer's holiday house so a report will follow next week.










Comments

Popular Posts