Men-at-arms Recruits

These figures are very cheap made in China figures that I have used before but I am now adding increasing numbers to my armies. The crossbowman is especially nice, with a good face and pose. I have preciously painted some of these figures even without undercoating but dry-brushing silver on to the black plastic and painting directly on to the existing paint. However, the existing paint is a little shiny for acrylic paint does not stick easily to it  although it can be done. I decided to undercoat with plastic primer followed by Games Workshop spray undercoat. The spears have been replaced with metal spears or plastic Britains Halberds. They will be painted in the color schemes of Bogavania and Beerstein.







Here are some finished figures in common unit color schemes. The Chinese made ones are a little bigger than the Airfix, although some other production is smaller. You can see the contrast between factory paint job and my version which is a little more detailed.


Comments

  1. Yet more medievals. When will it ever end? I'll be posting more pics when they are finished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts