More Blocks And A New Door

I decided to embellish my block building doors. I used a couple of pieces of card to make the doors (from Mac Donalds). Two longer match sticks cut down make the vertical edging and a piece of sprue is the top. Later I added some copper wore for the handles.
                         So taken was I with the use of large wooden blocks that I visited the hardware and obtained a slightly buckled piece of wood which I got them to cut into blocks of two sizes. Below can be seen unpainted and painted. Either could be used to make buildings but I prefer them painted.

         Here is the finished door, When I drilled holes for the wire and used Super Glue it caused some paint to come off and some repainting was needed; this made for an uneven surface. However I wanted corroded looking metal doors so used a few different shades including rust and greenish colours.
I was thinking of steam punk or post apocalyptic. In fact, eventually I am going to sculpt a Moorlock head to place on top of a building.

The blocks can be reconfigured to be just about anything from medieval walls to futuristic buildings.

Comments

Popular Posts