Next Wargame: ACW troops Versus Matchlocks!

 1600s type Bogavania versus American Civil War era troops is the plan! My rationale is from reading a fantasy series of books where a 17th century English prelate finds a portal leading to a parallel universe where humans live in burrows and are preyed on by the large purple bestial Null. Eventually the hero unites the humans and equips them with uniforms and weapons.
Eventually they drive back the Null.

In one of the later books another traveller comes through a portal with an ACW era army which makes mince meat out of men with matchlocks and knights until the wizards are called in. I am going to use a set of magic rules from the book Fantasy Wargames.

So there you have it. I'll be getting out some of my ACW Federal troops to do battle with Call to Arms matchlock men and pikes supplemented by knights and wizards. Stay tuned as I'll be staging this in a couple of weeks. Mat nearly always is given choice of sides; I wonder which he will choose?

Comments

  1. James nice to hear from you through your blog. Still alive and still a
    Custer Nut though you should see my Dan Dare and Mekon?

    Cheers Alan B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan, I thought you had disappeared into the ether. I'd be interested to see if you produced anything from the one legged Timpo Dan Dare I lent you. Have you been following my blog for long? We'll have to meet up again. Please email me at quantrilltoy@gmail.com

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts