Fiftynine little Indians - For Morning Hummingbird.


Morning Hummingbird needs more men for his rebellion in Aztecia against Fezia. The Fezian destruction of the gods statues was too much to bare. The Fezians reacted with fury to the Aztecian religion and relaced such blasphemy with their own religion of the one god, Luna.

In any case my random dice rolling produced nearly twice as many Aztecs as Fezians. I didn't have enough actual Aztec figures so I have recruited ancient Egyptians and a bunch of plains and woodland Indians. Recently I ransacked some Wild West boxes to produce fiftynine more recruits. Even that extra won't be enough and I might have to 'recycle up to four units in the game. Below you can see them based. I steered clear of ones with 'chiefs' war bonnets and obviously the Winchesters would not do for the analogous medieval period. As I want the figures in a hurry I'm keeping converting to a minimum, besides I might want to actually use some of the figures, one day, as ... well, plains Indians and woodland Indians. I'm even playing with the idea of using them s Martians for a John Carter meets steam punk game.

Some of them will be given some very bright colours to look more like Aztecs. You can see quite a mix of figures - a wild selection of cheapo made in China (old and new), Dulcop, Timee, Britians, BMC, Marx etc. My favourite is the one with sword and shield - yes this Chinese 'Wild West' figure actually came with a broad sword. I just cut off the tip and put a few notches around the edge to represent the obsidian flakes embedded in the wood. (I once made a Pict or ancient Briton out of the same figure).




                                       Front two rows - Marx in the front with BMC Custer set figures behind them.

           The two larger recent Chinese made figures on the left really worked out to get those abs.




The plan is to spray paint them with GW brown and leave that colour in place for wooden items. I could also do that for the skin but I like to mix my own shade for that.

I have a box of Britains Detail Indians somewhere I might also use. The old Timpo and Britains Swoppets are too brittle to play with anymore. (Excuse me .. a tear just rolled from my eye).

Below are the figures undercoated with a GW brown spray (which is to be discontinued). The bases have been dry brushed with a sand colour.
           The two front figures are copies of Cresent. Interestingly one of them has his bow at an angle so it was most likely a production mistake.

Comments

Popular Posts