Chess piece Incas and Spaniards Repainted

I mentioned in an earlier post that these Incas and Spaniards were among my ACOTS acquisitions.
They are made of a substance similar to resin. One thing I couldn't let past were the huge eyes that made them look like savage fetishes rather than realistic toy soldiers. 

   Below the figures are shown repainted. I added eye lids to take away the 1000 yard stares of the Marty Feldman clones.The checks were one common style of Inca clothing. The Spaniards wore a mishmash of clothing rather than a uniform so I varied the colors.



   The leader is a nice figure and could also serve as an Aztec leader without too much fuss.
I still don't like the weapons; the Spaniards swords look lie daggers and I haven't seen references to Incas having clubs like these - they tend to loo more lie copper cogs on sticks. In the end i left them and I will probably have bad dreams about failing to replace them with decent weapons.

Comments

Popular Posts