Detail Arabs into Lionians/Abyssinians


My Lionians have become a favourite project of late, partly because mat wants to keep gaming with them, no doubt influenced by two victories he has had with them.
Below can be seen the donor detail Arabs with replacement DSG arms and shields.
  Here the guns and shields have been Super glued and Araldited in place and putty hair added to the pared down heads.
                               I had already completed such a conversion a little while back so this gives an indication of what they will loo lie. I am aiming for less bushy hair now as short hair was more of an Abyssinian characteristic which I base my Lionians on.
  I just love this casting from the old Britains figure. Sometimes the gun doesn't come out in the mold so I then use the figures as gunners after cutting back the stocks. It wasn't hard to take it a step forward and to drill a hole to add a ramrod. This Abyssinian has an uncanny resemblance to Steve Bannon!

The second figure comes from another damaged Britains Detail which has a broken musket so I cut away the rest of the weapon and added a wire and putty ram rod in the act  of ramming a cannon.
 I have been thinking of making some radical conversions from the castings that will appear in a future post to include some very lateral thinking. The existing conversions will appear painted in the next wargame.

Comments

Popular Posts