Winston Churchwood's letter

My Dearest Kirsten,
                                                                                                                                                                  I I shall be ever so happy when you can leave your lovely Georgia and come to marry me and live with me in Redia. I was so elated that you could be with me in Hindoostan. The tiger hunts and moonlit walks along the Ganges were splendid. The only thing that spoiled it was the scene with that wretched Pandee agitator, Ghandoo. At least he had the decency not to wear his dirty dhoti and to put on a civilized Eropean suit! He was a terrible bore at the Governor's dinner, going on about Hindoostan history and culture, as if it ever amounted to anything important, and then saying how Redia had ruined his country. Ungrateful beggar!  After all we have done for them with railways, a common language (English) anf the rule of law. Anyone would think the sap was one day going to rule the country himself!

So now I am in Europe to cover another war. Hermany and Bluesia both want a piece of the Duchy of Gerolstein.  I have been permitted by Bluesia to travel with its army. I must say I would prefer to be with Gerolstein than these annoying frogs. They are so rude to Redians. I suppose they never forgave us for rubbing their noses in the mud all those years ago; they have been our enemies for most of our history but now our government is making overtures of friendship with a hint at an alliance.
I must admit that the Blusians have a certain panache. Already their zouaves have boldly advanced towards the waiting ranks of Gerolsteiners. The latter is bolstered  by grenadiers from Grand Fenwick, of all places. That might put a spanner in the works for any Bluesian/Redian alliance as we guarantee the independence of Grand Fenwick.
The Hermans have been held up in their advance by the Grand Fenwickian archers. It's all very jolly but I still miss you and your warm embrace.                      

Comments

Popular Posts