Ork Airforce

As well as my 54mm fantasy wargame preparations I have been adding to my28mm Space ork army. I recently bought the new ork jet and assembled it as a 'burna bommer' with its various incendiary bombs, ideal for killing troops in cover. It's nearly finished and is shown with a makeshift battlewagon and a small fighter jet made from a couple of historical jet plastic kits and bits and pieces.

Above: fighter jet made from a couple of historical kits, battlewagon - Bob the Destroyer and a burna buggy - 'The Humie Toaster' - made from a toy train which propels when the string at the back is pulled!


In the front is the nearly completed 'burna bommer', a new kit from Games Workshop which I bought a few days ago. I still have to add some paint work and more bombs and the canopies.


Above can be seen the work on the 'bommer's' base. The wormy aliens started life as real worm shells from the beach. I added fuse wire tentacle 'tongues'. The bushes are dried out real aquarium plants and lichen. There are discarded weapons and some skulls too.                                                                                      
The ork in mega armour was made from other brand figures than GW but with GW Warhammer head. 
A blitz bommer is currently under construction and it is being made from a 1/32 scale WW2 Zero and left over ork plane kit parts. I have removed the pilot for use in my 1/32 scale Bordurian planes. The wings have been cut down and the engine replaced. I cut a little more off the wings than I intended so I am adding wing engines from an SF toy. It will look like a cross between a blitz bommer and a burna bommer.                                                                           



Above: Ork Bommer (yes that's ork spelling), nearing completion. It's a bit rough in spots but that's okay because that is the nature of ork engineering - chuck something on here, hammer on something there.

Comments

Popular Posts