A Fist Full of new Aquisitions

 The house is made of wood and has a hinged roof. Inside is a decanter and two convenient glasses; it might make a good 'objective' in a game! The potted shrubs/trees were acquired separately. Both items were discovered in Melbourne markets.

 The wooden houses are under scale but will make good backgrounds on shelves. The American soldiers look like copies of an American company.
 The Indian metal god as to good to pass up. All I need is a Hindu temple to put it on. Where can I get one? I have placed a plastic 'Monster in my Pocket' next to it. Maybe someone can tell me why Hindu gods have blue skin and ,often, multiple arms. They look impressive anyway - a bit like Avatar aliens..

 The dinosaurs are hard plastic and probably from a game. The  28mm Space Marines are put there for comparison of size. (The rear plastic Space Marine is from Space Crusade and the front one is a metal Inquisition Miniatures figure0.
                                                This is a copy of a rare English made white hunter.
                                                 and below is his metamorphis into a Redian adventurer.



 This band stand is not so new but the paint job is. The ornament is made of glass and brass.

Below: I got these hollow cast figures on E-bay and very cheaply. Someone has already repaired three of them, although he has not put a sailor's head on the sailor. The parachutist is an interesting figure and I have resolved to eventually fix it with wire and putty; I never learnt the soldering repair trick. My favourite is the mounted figure; he could be a Boer or a colonial type. I'd like to have whole units of this one. I enjoy getting damaged figures like this as, firstly, they are cheap and, secondly, I have no qualms about converting and painting them and , thirdly, they have a charm about them.                                                                       

As a child I was brought up in the plastic toy soldier age and loved my plastic soldiers. But I did have a handful of hollowcast guardsmen and a line infantryman with bugle and movable arms. Over the last few decades I have been adding to that nucleus,but mainly with repaired battered items like the ones below.                                                                                                                                                                          

Below: I bought these Japanese made in China figures at a Melbourne two dollar shop. I have not seen them for sale before, although I already had a couple of the figures.Some of them are copies of Airfix. The others are, I have read, scaled up versions of a different company. I really like the poses. The one with bayonet pointing to the ground reminds me of a war photo featuring a British surrender, either at Singapore or Hong Kong.                                                                                                                                                        






Below are my Armies in Plastic camel Corps. They look great as a column and will look better once I paint them. I'll have to paint dismounted versions to go with them as they were mounted infanrty.          



              

Comments

Popular Posts