The (Relative) Quiet Before the Storm; forces mobilize

I am puting the final touches on the three fantasy armies. What is good about semi-historical fantasy armies is that I can take trrops from a range of time periods from BC times to the English Civil War. The Eastern or ancient Fezian army, for instance, includes an Assyrian chariot (made from an Atlantic one with Rose archers), war elephants, Saracens and various Arabs. The Empire Army includes English Civil War musketeers, Vikings and nedieval knights.
The rules will be Warhammer with a doubling of the stated moves and ranges. Even with the doubling and even with doubled march moves the units will still be moving shorter distances than what I usually have for 54mm scale.
I have plans for conversions using various soft plastic griffons and dragons to replicate monstrous mounts for my heroes in 1/32. I'm not sure when I'll get around to it but the thought is there for the future.
Meanwhile some Fezian lions view the Fezian army in the distance. They remember on similar occasions much two legged meat was to be found lying on the grass for the first predators to claim.
.

Comments

Popular Posts