Alioop Mosque Rebuilt




The Mogostanis made a heroic effort to re-build the Alioop mosque, bigger and better than before. The architectural influences are varied and caused some controversy in Mogostan but the blue dome was unmistakable as that of a mosque.

Pictures of the ruins of the old mosque are yet to be released.


Actually, the mosque began as a temple made from children's wooden blocks created for my daughter some seven years ago. My inspiration was a picture in Frank Perry's books of wargaming. My version was very uneven as the size of the blocks varied and my draftsmanship was questionable. I got some wall filler and coated the whole thing, making it look like a big ice cream cake. I painted the whole thing with white acrylic house paint mixed with sand. Next I applied a light sand coloured watery ink wash followed by dry brushing with more white.

I made the roof from fibre board, a plastic dome and an ornament from Laguna Beach. By varying the roof I intend to use the building as an orthodox church or an ancient temple.

Comments

Popular Posts