Scenery

Last week I knocked over, in the garage ( one of my wargaming/toy soldier work bench areas) a large container of PVA . A considerable quantity would have been wasted as it was too full of dust to scoop up to put back in the container. Then I decided on a use for it in constructing a Scottish looking cave, reminiscent of the one in Polanski's Macbeth - one of my favourite movies, and favourite Shakespearean tale. Some blue insulation foam was broken into many small pieces and stacked with the glue binding them. Kitty litter and sand were also strategically sprinkled after the whole thing was coated with PVA.
When dry it was sprayed black with acrylic Games Workshop spray and then dry brushed with slightly bluish grey paint and further dry brushed with a lighter shade. More PVA was applied and static grass applied to small areas. The photos will be uploaded in the next few days.








 

 


 
 

 

 

 


 

Above can be seen my three witches. The daring topless one is, I think, a metal Phoenix figure, the pointy hatted one is a metal figure I bought at one of those  New Age type shops at Virginia Beach about sixteen years ago.  The one with the staff is a  Dungeon and Dragons plastic sorceress. It was a nice series that came factory painted and in individual blister packs. Below is the wizard who came in the same series.
 



 
 
 

Below is a dragon which came in an assorted fantasy set - possibly with a Hercules figure, scorpion man and winged devils. My daughter, when she was little, used to get this one off its shelf and play with it, hence the red plastic showing through my paint job!
 
Below: Other uses for a cave terrain piece.
 

 








 
Below: The Bordurian Arch of Triumph. I picked this one up recently at the Salvation Army Store. It comes in a gunmetal colour and was part of a children's game. I gave it the usual treatment - sprayed black and dry brushed slate grey with lighter highlights.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts