Mexican Civil War 3

Below: My Army of the South crosses the river while Army of the North lancers move forward.
Left: A villager defends against a cow and chicken.
 
 
Mat's elite troops advance.
Mat ponders strategy.
General El Diablo (yours truly)
Still crossing that **##%@&^ river.
Mat's troops take position and await the enemy.
My troops form skirmish lines.
 
The game used three regiments aside, including a rifle armed cavalry unit on my side and lancers on the other. We each had a medium and light artillery piece. We also each had one machine gun.
 
Mat chose the side which did not involve a river crossing. The river proved to be fast an difficult to cross, thus delaying my forces.  The objectives were possession unchallenged of two Aztec ruins.
 
My left flank did not advance much beyond the central hills and lake, My right flank advanced, after repelling a lancer charge, towards the pyramid. This went rather well, especially after Mat's units paused to 'liberate' the local village. My troops were also about to pause as the officers sampled local cuisine but the arrival of the general put an end to their dalliance.
 
My combined machine gun and rifle fire combined with combined infantry and cavalry charge put an end to enemy troops in the immediate vicinity of the pyramid...all except for two lancers lurking on the other side of the pyramid. It was he end of move twelve, our agreed end point and Mat controlled one ruin and contested the other.
 
The generals had played a decisive part in the game as their local presence elevated militia to elite. status.
 

The view from my side

Those sneaky lancers contest my claim.


El Diablo in plastic prefers a suit.

My troops rejoice in reaching the pyramid.
 
THE FIGURES: As you can see, a wide assortment, representing various Mexican wars were used but the target period was early 1900s.
 

Comments

Popular Posts