My Wargames, Warhammer 40k and Funny Little Wars.

Over the last few weeks the Warhammer 40k games have continued at the Sale Epic Warhammer shop. Currently we are on high gravity planets that curb shooting ranges and movement of skimmers so it has not been kind to my Dark Eldar, especially when playing Imperial Guard with ends instead of sides in the Missions. The Imperial Big Guns are not phased by the reduced ranges with their big pie plate long range weapons. The campaign games also currently give the 'Defenders' side a 25% superiority in points when previously the 'Attackers' had this.  So victory against Imperial Guard has been even more elusive than usual.

It is a different story with Space Wolves and Space Marines with Dark Eldar disintegrators usually achieving victory or at least a draw. The most annoying Space Marine or Space Wolves weapons, though, are drop pods, that deliver close range threats straight to Dark Eldar skimmers. They achieved a Space Marine victory when they got first turn and immediately were able to attack up close. It didn't help that I'd miscounted my points to 1100 instead of 1500 against 1875 points when I should have had 1500 points! But even after that half my army was still standing or skimming at the end of the game.

This long weekend I'll be in Adelaide for Robert's 54mm games, including his own version of Funny Little Wars. I'll be taking a few of my Balkan Army Light Green units. A full report with photos will be made next week.

Comments

Popular Posts