Warhammer Dark Elves

My latest project is a Dark Elf army. I have just completed a witch unit and a monster from the hydra kit. The creature option I chose has multiple mouths that look like a cross between a sea anemone and a shark with beady little spider-like eyes on the head of the main mouth.

The witches are a combination of the newest witches that are jumping into the air - very athletic - and the slightly new resin witches that came with high heeled boots. I'm glad the high heels were dropped in the new plastic witches as, although these are fantasy figures, I wonder how well anyone could fight in stilettos. I suppose one could take them off and use them to poke someone's eyes out.

As I already had a resin ones with musical instrument and banner pole I used these for that purpose rather than the plastic options. The plastic pole and banner were difficult to glue together anyway. Why not make them one piece?The resin figure, however did not come with a banner on the pole so I made one from green stuff. The trumpet, which has a dragon or creature head and sharp teeth broke so I made a little flag to hold it together and to hang off it, the lower end of the putty anchored on the arm.

The witches are a little similar to the Dark Eldar whyches, except even sexier and with no pistols, just knives. There is a shield option which I did not use as the codex I have doesn't mention this as an option. I also didn't use the metal grotesque mask option except for one figure, as I was looking forward to painting the very beautiful faces.

I also have some of the old metal witches that are much cruder in detail and verging on the ugly.

Which witch is a wych? Yes it is spelt that last way, but just for the Dark Eldar ones although the spelling probably won't make it into the dictionary.








  I especially like the elf masters of the beast. Sorry about the strands of glue sticking to the figures; some things you don't notice until uploading a photo.



Comments

Popular Posts