Reaper Harpies

Recently I visited Melbourne where I went to the Aztec Exhibition at Melbourne Museum and also went to some hobby shops. One shop I discovered was Mindgames which had an astonishing range of mostly 28mm scale figures, especially SF and Fantasy.

My own interests are mostly in 54mm scale but I also collect and wargame with 28mm SF and Fantasy Warhammer and Warhammer 40k games. I saw two particular ranges of figures that caught my eye. One was Dystopian models based on the premise of alternative history where an alien technology is discovered, in the 19th century, in Antarctica. Human technology gets a boost and develops in a Steam punk sort of way. I especially liked the figure ranges that include Federated America (basically Confederate), Prussians and so on. They are made of metal Their hand weapons are futuristic and made me think that the various troops could also be used to make some interesting Imperial Guard units for 40K games.

The other figures that caught my eye included harpies, sorceress and eye beast in a range called Bones by Reaper Miniatures. I am building up a Dark Elf army and required some more harpies. These figures ranged from $3.50 each in blister packs and they are made of a white vinyl. The harpies are very nicely posed and sculpted and, as with the sorceress, are nubile looking figures. Although the harpies lower bodies are both bird and reptilian like the upper bodies look rather unthreatening, given the serene expressions on the faces! Maybe that gives their enemies a false sense of security!


As for the eye beast he just looked to amusing to pass up. You could convert him into a squig hopper if desired.

Comments

Popular Posts