Mexican made Aztecs Painted

I almost titled this 'Crappy Aztecs painted' as they are crude figures with a lot of flash and mould cuts that are difficult to eliminate. Turn most of them sideways and you can see that they must have been hungry little buggers, thus all that cannibalism!
I was beginning to think that even a reasonable paint job was a waste of time but they don't look impossibly bad from the front. I left the separate shields off the ones that did not come moulded with them and painted the clubs as slings about to let loose. The Conquistadors really feared these as the stones had more impact than the flimsy arrows.






I still have a heap of Aztecs to paint; these consist of the Mexican made jaguar and eagle knights but only the latter are reasonable figures if I make some of the Aztec wooden and obsidian swords for them. I also have more Reamsa figures to paint

I tend to leave off projects for a while as I get bored painting the same thing but I have promised Tony West to also paint some Reamsa figures for him in exchange for some other Indian and Aztec figures.. No I haven't forgotten Tony - just give me a few more weeks as some other projects have wedged their way in.

Comments

  1. Where can I find more of your Precolumbian work James? Secretly love the Indians and Conquistadors BArzo brought out year ago. Can't find them anywhere anymore (..as the Barbary Pirates set too..).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. I got most of them on E-bay, otherwise convert 'regular' Indians. The Reamsa seem to turn up more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts