More Medievals


I'm definitely going through my Medieval phase, as the pictures of my newly painted figures here shows! The first six photos are of made in China cheapo figures that originally were black plastic with painted red tunics and flesh coloured skin with dots for eyes. These are some of the nicer cheap figure to come out of China but I don't know if they are still in production. I also have some that were just made in silver plastic.I didn't even bother to undercoat and just dry brushed the chainmail with metallic paint and then painted over the factory paint jobs. I am presently aiming for two paint schemes for my Medievals, one featuring mostly red and yellow and one featuring mostly blue and white. I am for the most part not trying to represent actual historical heraldry.
 





Below is a conversion from a Disney figure. The hands were over sized so I trimmed them down. I also added the had and plumes from putty. A sword has also been added. There is also a picture of an older conversion I did with hands from another figure transplanted; it just shows that I was once a little more finicky! Now the sheer number of figures I paint has generally limited the times I do that sort of extra work. Any way, I think I'll call him Hans Big Hands!


The next figure is unusual because it is of an archer in full plate armour. I don't remember the brand.
                                      This is a metal figure and I don't recall its maker.
        Yet another Little John from Marx. The 60mm figure will join my peasant hordes.

Comments

Popular Posts