English Civil War cavalryman


Dave Palmer sold me this fellow for 50 cents. He lacked a base and a sword and his eyes were painted on to resemble the 'melting man'. Anyway I liked the figure itself as one of the ACOTS members or an affiliate had cast it from a conversion from the bottom half of a Britains Detail ACW cavalry officer and the top half of a Cherilea English Civil War dismounted cavalryman - they don't seem to have made them mounted. The casting was mounted on an Airfix horse. I had a spare stomach plug in base to support both horse and heavy rider and I drilled out the hand to take a DSG sword. The scary face was re-painted and he doesn't look too bad. Eventually I am going to convert some Cherilea remoulds to mounted cavalry to accompany him in a unit of twelve or more.

Comments

Popular Posts