Mongols/Huns






I have a brightly coloured unit of fourteen Italeri Mongols that I am presently adding to and will ultimately break into two smaller units of light and medium Mongols. Some of the horses are armoured and some unarmoured as are the riders. They are presently seeing service in the Bogavanian army as a group of trusted foreign horse archers. They have also seen service in the Fezian empire. Most likely they will also serve in the Chinese army.
The figures shooting to the side were converted from made in China Red Indians that were based on Airfix ones. I once obtained some second hand Italeri Mongols but some riders were missing so here are the replacements. One of them still has the Made in China imprint on his back!
Below: Mongol lights led by two Jecsan Mongols on a cheap Medieval horse and a Italeri Saracen horse.


                                                         Mongol foot made in Russia

                                                 Medium Mongol horse archers


Jecsan Mongols. I got these recently off E-bay. They are beautifully sculpted 60mm figures.










in my painting of the Mongols I aimed for some uniformity of colours although if I wanted to be really historical they would probably be more motley with more subdued colours punctuated with occasional bright colours.

Comments

Popular Posts