Beersteiner Knights, Bogavanian Castle Guard and the King's Guard Conversions

Recently I obtained some made in Hong Kong Medieval figures and I decided to change them a little.
They were already a little odd so I made them odder.

Below: The second photo shows ancient Roman style helmets combined with medieval armour.  The advancing figure in the first photo had a ridiculously small head so I decided to go with the Roman style head. I decapitated some Biblical figures and transplanted them. These will be the Bogavanian castle guard.



   Below is an unmodified figure with lance-axe! Apart from that he looks like the Black Prince.
            The Bogavanian King's Guard - their spears have been replaced with Britains Detail halberds. Scabbards were added and putty fur around the hats to disguise the 'pin- heads'.
                 The mounted figures had swords or ridiculously small lances or over-long axes. I replaced the latter two with new weapons and added scabbards to the former lance men. These will be used as Beersteiners.
                                        This one I cut and reattached the shield arm by heat weld.
         The king of Bogavania, a Chinese made figure with Lone Star crowned head and putty fur added. The cape is from a Dulcop Zorro. The axe is Britains Detail

                            Undercoated, first with clear car plastic spray and then Citadel spray.




        The bases were cut from children's game cards, coated in PVA and sprinkled with sand. Usually I would do this before the spray undercoat.

I wasn't trying to be purely historic but the figures lent themselves to my fantasy scenario with its fictitious countries. However, Bogavania is vaguely Eastern European with a polish, Hungarian, Croation or Russian flavour. So far most of its troops have been fairly Western in appearance apart from some Fezian and Mongol auxiliaries. Now I am leaning more to the Eastern look. The Beersteiners have a Germanic flavour but these latest knights have a unique appearance.

Comments

Popular Posts