More Figures From A Week in Melbourne

Here are pics of the ACW figures i bought from Dave Palmer and also some Toyway Roman archers he has not painted but based. Most figures worked out at 50 cents each. The Romans were a dollar each. The chess pieces in the background are part of a complete set i bought at a Sunday market for $32. They make great statues , although I might cut the bases off the pawns and use them as part of the Roman army. I haven't really played my own ancients games as they tend to just get roped into fantasy games but when i have enough painted I might do a purely ancients game.

The vehicles were made yonks ago by Dave's sons and I love them. They are made of wood and the turret can be removed. The wheels are plastic, although one vehicle is missing two. I am undecided what to do with them yet - use them as what they are intended (WW2 German armored cars). make them into Space Ork trucks or change the wheels and add steam engines to make them into Steam punk vehicles. Any suggestions?

The ACW Britains i could completely strip and repaint as originals, repaint as something else, paint over the top in places to improve appearance or leave as is. The Timpo mounted are already partly repainted and on different horses so I haven't decided if I'll repaint them too. Your opinions, dear readers, are welcome - well if they are repeatable.














Comments

Popular Posts