Conversions Looming

When I realized that Mathew would need ten hand gunners for the next battle I was disconcerted to see that most of my hand gunners had Beerstein colors so I immediately sought some conversion material which you can see above. The possibilities include the old HK copies of Cresent scouts, WW2 Airfix German who I had begun converting to WW1 and an American, a Jean cowboy and a Little John. The pink bloke might some made in China figure and will most likely become a catapult crewman.
 

    And here they are, after two days, in time for the battle! The PVA glue on the ground work was colored brown to speed up the basing process and it is not yet dry - actually looks like real puddles at the moment. The front five gunners are the new figures. It was one of my rush jobs to be in time for a game. I wanted some common colors but a motley look. The buckskin figure had a head change, in this case a road worker head with putty added. The German had the face painted and then the helmet extended to make protection for the face and the back of the helmet was extended. The guns are just paint brush covers on wire.



Comments

Popular Posts