A 'Tidy' Work Bench And A Bad Back..

Wow, I can see my work bench surface! I am always astonished by how tidy other people's work benches are, a bit like some people's immaculate homes, without an item on the floor or a surface groaning under briabrac and photos - I can never be convinced that anyone really lives there. The homes are just for show and the occupants actually sleep in motels! Well, this as tidy as my work bench gets, brushed and paints put away, twenty or so uncompleted toy soldier jobs put in a box.

I have to confess that the main reason was a vain attempt to find a missing hand - no not Thing, or an attempt to dispose of an annoying power tooling neighbour but a 1/24 scale hand cut from an old plastic toy soldier to be transplanted on a metal James Bond figure. Christopher, Tony Survella's (alias Dave Bryant) son, inherited his dad's figure, made by Alan Black, and wanted to get it fixed but now I am going to have to find a new figure for another Frankenstein job.

You'll notice the TV which I have going while I 'work'; usually I watch SBS documentaries or old SF and classic movies on DVD. At the moment though I have done some damage to my back - guess I shouldn't be doing 50 push-ups any more with a lower lumbar condition. Sitting is really one of the worst things for backs - apart from push-ups I guess, so that makes it harder to do my toy soldier modelling. I'll be seeing a chiropractor today and hoping I haven't taken myself too far backwards from my previous stabilisation. (So far it hasn't pushed any nerves in my leg which slowed my right down a couple of years ago). I'll keep up my lap swimming of two and a half ks a day and that will probably do more good than a chiropractor, who I always suspect is really a souped up witch doctor.

By the way, if you like 'Where's Wally?' see if you can find the US soldier with a missing gun hand (the donor figure), a picture of Gomez Adams and a toy cowboy's holster.

P.S.

It looks like the back is not the swollen disc but a lesser problem but still slowing me down regarding being unable to sit at a desk for more than a few minutes. I hope the muscles heal soon. My step dad says I have problems because i do too much exercise but the chiropractor said I doing right, even with pushups if i start smaller to strengthen the back, just not right now!

Right now I am trying to point twenty Supreme Egyptians - hard to do whilst standing!

Comments

  1. I have not seen the top of my work/inactivity bench for a lot longer than I care to remember. Belated best wishes for the new year and tanks very much for the pleasure that your blog brings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, I hope to see some pics of your work bench and your next projects.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts