My Assorted Cereal And Others Shelves

Cereal toys were among my first introduction to toy soldiers. Initially they were in the cereal itself, which was frustrating as I had to wait until the cereal was nearly finished in the box before I was allowed to get it. Later they were outside the inner bag of cereal and easily got out. My Aunty Elva and uncle ken went through a lot of cereal and it was always exciting to visit to be given their cereal stuff and to look at my uncle's insect collection and pet reptiles.

I used to think the flat cowboys and Indians came in the cereal but I am told that was not the case so maybe Mum bought themfor me. The cowboys and Indians that were copies of Cresent were my favourites and they took part in many battles. They were among the first figures I ever painted - crudely with a couple of colours from house paint or Humbrol enamels.
There were also dogs and other animals and weird creatures. The little tank came from the milk bar and contained lollies.

 The painted guy I acquired more recently in an undersized Chinese made ACW set.

C



Comments

Popular Posts