New Bogavanian Conversions

The looming battle for Hex 102 required some more Bogavanians so I am making a new unit of heavy militia (chainmail or fish scale coat, helmet and shield) and a unit of medium knights. The basis for the militia are some David Goliath set figures with an Airfix spaceman leader and the cavalry are made from some made in China cheapoes. The first unit is the mirror image of a militia unit I made for the Beersteiners.

This time I removed heads and repositioned to be looking over shields or replaced with bare heads and added putty helmets or left bare headed.

Some of the short swords I left and others I replaced with new axes and swords. The silver plastic swords I'll add after the figures are painted. that way I don't have to worry about paint loss from silver painted swords.


  Below: Figures undercoated with clear car plastic spray primer. Tomorrow they will receive an additional undercoat of Citadel black acrylic spray. Figures were based with hot glue to card bases.


Painting underway: Black is a good undercoat for armour, I dry brush the metal colour over chainmail and leave black lines where appropriate. It's not good for light coloured flesh though so this darker flesh colour is a second undercoat for the skin areas.



Here the bases ae painted with sand coloured sample acrylic house paint. The mustard tin houses the decanted paint. (Please don't tell me the container is a collector's item).

    A brown water based wash has been added to darken the bases and add variation of colour.
The shields are going to feature a face and I have painted some spots of sand colour to prepare for this'
The blue is my favourite one - Games Workshop Caledor Sky, a bright mid-blue which looks a little lighter in the photos. I usually use this blue for my Bogavanians. The black undercoat showed through a little so on reflection I would have used a white undercoat for more vibrant and lighter colours although it has worked for the horses hair and the armour.


Comments

Popular Posts