WW2 French Civilians

I should have known better - most 1/35 figures are just too small to go with my 1/32 figures. I intended to use them s early 1900s figures. It is not just height but the whole proportions are out - tiny little heads and everything else. Anyway they were not a bad price at $12 when I bought them from the Hobby Place in Melbourne.
  The cop's arms are not done as not visible but a hand on belt was provided, which I have already lost.
               Here is the priest next to a metal 1/32 Archduke Ferdinand. As you can see. next to 1/32 he looks like he has been to the Blood bank and they forgot to stop taking out blood until he just shrank to child size. It's a shame as they are nice figures. The priest's cassock is hollow but I put a piece of putty there to stich the two leg ends into. Let me amend that. There is a plastic part, I just found which fits in there to attach the legs to - too late!



The other figures I have not assembled as I have misplaced a sprue of parts.

Mini Art does some interesting figures. There is also a set of German civilians. I'd like to see some female versions though.

Comments

  1. The Mini Art figures do look great. I use 1/35 figures to supplement 1/32 toys, I just squint when looking at them together. Vehicles fine though. Your blog is great ! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris. I use 60mm as well as 54mm so using 1/35 (about 50mm) starts to look out of place, not just because of the lower height but because they are 'small all over' - they are proportionately smaller so they don't just look like shorter people. These civilians are nice though and I'll have finished painting them soon. (I found the missing parts left on the windowsill above the kitchen sink where they were washed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts