Flea Market Rummage

Last weekend I had a good treasure hunt in Melbourne and then in Longwarry, Gippsland. First up is a nice tyrannosaurus. The top painted version was $2.80 and I bought this at a  Daiso shop in Chadstone shopping centre. The bottom version is apparently a Chinese copy and was $2 at the Reject Shop at the same shopping centre. Neither figure stands easily but eventually I hope to base them and place riders on them.
The Britains tiger at right was a find at a flea market and came in a packet of made in China animals.
                 Assorted monsters - dragon from an animated film and the weird figure at right was so strange I added it to the other figures.
       I already have one of these which I painted but you can't have too many spooky trees with claws and large snakes.
             Some of the animals that came in cheap bags of assorted figures. I like the goat. At right is a copy of Jean Indian.
                                                             Another dinosaur
                                              Some nice rabbits, all three in one piece
                                               Another Rex, bought at the flea market
                                 I am collecting any skelton animals to add to my skeleton army.

                                   This was the best find - some 1980s 54mm Dungeon and dragons figures.
                                  They were in the same 44 bag with these other 80s SF/fantasy figures from China. Unfortunately they did not have their shields and weapons except one.
                                          One Britains leopard with a pile of cheapo figures.


                                         I love this characterful croc, which I am going to paint and add to an African scene. Unless it's an alligator that is. The nose might be rounder than a croc's.
                                           More animals.
         Another great find - 60mm goblins from the 80s film, Willow. I'll use them as 'Big uns' orks.
 This is a copy of a Lone Star Tarzan. I had never seen a purple one before, which made me think of the Phantom.
                                         !960s? Cherilea 60mm spaceman minus equipment belt.
         I think these were 1980s aliens but they look like Magic Puddings or Mr Potato Heads with attitude.
                          Two Marx reissues or copies Indians and a made in china caveman.
                                             Copy of Lone Star Zulu
                                   Noah's Ark set in about 35 or 40 mm
          I got these at a Melbourne antique and collectable bazaar. Originally used for a game with threading I saw them as the perfect wheels for steam vehicles.

Comments

Popular Posts