American War Of Independence British Infantry

I painted these troops some thirty years ago and they have not been used much in battle but have sat all that time on a shelf in my rumpus room without benefit of glass cabinet doors. So I got them out and gave them a brush down with a large brush. Two had muskets snap and a few had a strange white bubbly texture on hats and muskets and even a couple of faces and arms. It looked a little like lead rot. I painted over some of this with acrylic paint. I also gave an extra overcoat with PVA.

As I remember the figures were most likely painted with enamels and over-coated with enamel clear varnish. I don't remember if I also used PVA. Anyway they are sitting in a new cabinet in a different rom now, rady to join my new Revolutionary War figures.

Most of them are Accurate beand with a few Marxman and an odd metal figure.

The musket broken figure had a putty, stick and flock bush added to heep the musket together.








Comments

Popular Posts