Anarchy

Anarchy - well not anarchy as in everyone go crazy but anarchy as in Anarchy capital A. Whilst not sharing the politics I have a sneaking admiration for the Russian and Ukrainian anarchists for taking on 'all-comers' and I guess that is fairly...er..anarchic. They were a third force in the Russian civil war, rejecting both Bolsheviks and capitalists. They weren't just a few individuals throwing the odd bomb in a door but a whole army.

I guess I like their style too - leather jackets and long hair. You can see this in these Russian made (pardon me if they are Ukrainian made - someone will tell me) resin figures. I ordered them from E-bay before reading the fine print that they were about 65mm. I don't like to get figures over 60mm. But they sure have character.

My favourite is the female who looks both arrogant and sexy. The next favourite is the one with long fur coat. When I first saw the on-line pic I thought he was a female, due to the long hair. Later I remembered that the (male) Anarchists sported such unfashionable long hair when just about everyone else had short back and sides. This figure also has the peak-less cap which could be military or naval in origin. What has he got in his hand though? A bottle of wine would be a nice touch but I never saw one that big. I have painted it metallic as if it was a small gas cylinder. The bomber with ciggy and case full of bombs is a nice touch. The kneeling firing figure is the least interesting. Kneeling firing figures are in high demand for making regiments but these are basically there as character figures.

Which brings me to using them with 54mm figures. Are they too big? Generally I would say yes but I noticed in my photo with the Replicants 54mm that the difference doesn't seem that great. However, the Pinkerton detective figure has had his height raised by his base.

I don't know the brand, although they have two Russian letters on the top of the bases.




Oops, forgot the flag bearer so I'll keep you in suspense and submit it later. But I will tell you that the flag is black.

Comments

Popular Posts