Yellow Crusaders

Is 'yellow crusaders' a contradiction? I mean they are brave, right? Fearless even? I first got some yellow crusaders from DSG and liked the colour. I bought only a handful but decided to make up the difference from some other figures. Most of the new figures are HK copies of Britains crusaders. The flag bearer, unfinished, is a lone Star figure and one I have used as a flag bearer for other units. The DSG figures are primarily in chainmail but the other figures I used are in plate. I want my crusaders to stand up to a lot of punishment anyway, although much of the historical crusading took place when full plate was not yet in use.

Anyway I had an interesting discussion with fellow converter, painter, collector and wargamer extraordinaire, Steve and he said he just finished reading a new Osprey book on crusaders. It turns out that some Scandinavian crusaders wore yellow tunics so there you go. I wasn't even trying to be historical and there it is. I wonder if DSG actually researched that or just did it because it looked good?


                                      I have a little work left to do, especially on the basing.

Comments

Popular Posts